Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanks For The Memories


Well, it has come to an end. My instructing at American Beauty Academy. I will miss it, and the students, and the staff. It is a part of my life that I am very grateful for. Only recently, had the stress of having two jobs finally caught up. This past summer I announced that I was letting this job go. My last day was 2 weeks ago. My stress is gone. It's amazing, the power of attraction. The moment I am ready to simplify my life in earnest, and I am flooded from various sources on wonderful ways to simplify my life. It's a very nice transition from a busy, stressful piece of my life, to quite the opposite, if I embrace it. I had only put in about 16 hours a week at the school, and I have asked myself what to do with the extra time I now have. But the "hole" of free time has filled right to the brim. There are different directions I have thought about taking, but I've decided, for now, that it's kind of fun to not make any decisions, but simply observe what's out there to be had. Since quitting, I have a renewed focus on the day spa, which was really important, and my first priority. I am continuing to becoming a certified Master Herbalist, and I am well underway of developing a new small bath and body line. (Yahoo!) Stay tuned for the launch.
So, to Brooke, and the rest of the staff, I love you guys, and will miss working with you, and I will stay in touch. To the students, I love and miss all of you, too, and an advanced waxing class is right around the corner for those who have asked. I will miss the naughty room. I will always remember noticing the beautiful sunset as I was spraying the puke off the front entrance. I will remember almost puking myself, when I told that kid with the mouthful of chew, and his soda can clear full of spit to go dump it before he got his hair cut. I will always have memories of hanging used wax strips from some guys chest wax to the back wall with "can you guess where this is from?" I will miss teaching my favorite subjects. Thank you to (almost) everyone who has been a part of this (almost) 4 year ride. I loved (almost) every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment