Monday, November 1, 2010

Hallowed Eve Repast

I love Halloween so much, you don't even know! I have been such a busy witch (that's with a "W", mind you) getting my potions ready, and my poisons concocted.

I got all the treats wrapped up and got ready for the little Trick or Treaters. I had about 35 little monsters, and their big parents, come to my house this year. At one point, I had 25 people in my little teeny house as two big groups came at once. I believe there was a scuffle in my driveway when they left, because Kaler went out the next morning and found where someone accidentally lost about half of their loot, probably trying to climb back in the car, but, alas, no little children were left behind, much to my dismay. Last year I purchased a cauldron big enough for two small children (hee, hee, hee!) but never got a chance to use it.

The following day, and for the second time in 5 years, I threw my annual Halloween dinner party. I know, having it only twice in five years doesn't make it annual, but it just is. I chose my colors carefully, light luminous green and black. How elegant, you say, as did I. It's too darn bad that I couldn't find hardly anything in those colors to decorate with. I banned the color orange this year. (You are still my favorite color, orange, and I still love you!)
Well, parties are pretty much all about the food. Craig and I both like grown-up creepy food, now that we are, indeed, grown up.

So, my menu included a roasted fleshworm, giant bat legs, warm bloodroot in a light, buttery orange sauce, garlic mashed potatoes (well, we needed some normalcy) and several varieties of crusty breads served with rotting spread. Okay, the cauldron was brewing up root beer, not children. I served it all up in my collection of creepy antique dishes. Here is a picture of Craig. He was our bread butler.

There was a dessert buffet for when the food began to decompose in our stomachs. I know the picture doesn't show it, but there were a lot of desserts. It does show, however, the giant onion my mother gave to me as a gift. Thank you, mom. Your the best. Who else gets giant onions for their dessert table from their moms.


No one but the nephews dressed up. All the adults were smarter than I was. I think next year I will take the hint as I singed the veil on my hat twice when I got too near the candles. The picture below is my sister Ursula's family, with appropriate 'cheesiness'.

I couldn't help it. Daegan looked so evil with the "red eye", I just had to post it.


The next picture is of my dad, my sister Melissa, and my mom.

This next photo is of Melissa and my sister, Carma. There is not a soul in my family who does not cheese it up for photos.

So, Halloween is over, as much as I love it, I'm happy to put the graveyard away, the skeleton away, the family away (kidding Craig). I had the greatest time! I wish all my sisters could have been there. For all you ghost chasers out there, in the picture below there are loads of orbs. It shows up much better in the full size photo, but they are there. I think it's just gas.

I am not the only one who's tired. This dude had a massive hangover the next day.

I hope everyone had the greatest Halloween.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! YOu really went all out! Looks like SO much creepy fun! LOVE it! I love all your potions too! One year I'm going to plan a fun party like that. BTW- don't stop dressing up! that's half the fun so next year tell your family that they are the ones that need to make a change!

    ReplyDelete