Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Does Anyone Know of a Good Voodoo Shop, Around Here?



I had a delightfully creepy day today. Amongst the goings-ons of my busy day, in fact, right during a lovely purple manicure I was giving to one of my older lady clients, a rap, rap, rapping came upon my door. Actually, it was the mail lady, and she just let herself in. She specifically asked for me, and I noticed right away about how unusual the package she was clutching, was. I signed my name to some form, then she handed me the package, turning it as she did, so that I now could see the front. I said "thank you" and being so engrossed in the package, didn't even notice that she left. At looking at the package, I wondered why the florist hadn't brought it instead, as it had no address, no return address, nor stamp.



I was giddy, I know that, but also, just a bit nervous. Remembering my client, I brought it in straightaway, and showed it to her. I immediately started to unwrap this peculiar package so as to satisfy the curiosity of both myself and my client of what lay within. The writing on the package was none as I had ever seen before, and further peaked my curiosity. This package had a distinct but unrecognizable aroma about it, not offensive, but dark, smoky, and frankly, "voodoo-like", not that I've been in any kind of voodoo store to smell. The smell filled the room. As I unwrapped the paper, there was a tied box with another label. The word "exhorter" is on the front.


I have not had time to look up these Latin (?) words to see their meaning. I untied the box and as I lifted the lid, shock, unease, yet, pure delight enveloped me. My client awaited as I lifted the thing, the thing, which lay on a folded sheet of wool, or felt of some sort.




I really am not sure what this is. It is definitely a foot with claws from some sort of animal, that I'm sure a Halloween witch, such as myself, must surely feel the need to possess, for here it is in my possession.


So, I'm now a little creeped out by it, as there is no indication from whom it came. But, it is perfect, in the twisted way that I prefer the Hallowed Eve to be. I know exactly what I will do with it, it will lay across my spellbook, open to the page of "How to Procure an Alligators Foot for a Powerful Wand", for what else would it be used for than to conjure up a spell? If a raven alights on the tree outside my bedroom window tonight, I WILL JUST FREAK RIGHT OUT!

6 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooooooooooo....Creepy! So you don't know what any of the tags said then? That's awesome! Someone did good! Let us know if you find out anymore info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's Craig, but he's not giving in at all, so I'm not entirely sure. It is a truly creepy thing. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had only known - I had two of the "hands" laying around the house that was given to me from one of my volunteers from Florida (Alligator feet). I chucked them because they were kinda of gross looking. Too bad, they could have been yours and you would have had a ensemble. Very creative for the sender, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what an ensemble it would have been. I have an armadillo purse, made from the real thing. I could have put those feet inside, because everyone should keep feet in a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wandered into a Voodoo shop while in Seattle. What you have been gifted is an alligator backscratcher. What a wonderfully spooktacular gift. I wonder who sent it, awesome...simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's kind of cool to know. Now, lets get down to the nitty gritty. How did you find yourself inside a Voodoo shop in the first place?

    ReplyDelete