Friday, October 1, 2010

If You Think It, It Will Come

I learned a very valuable lesson today regarding the power of the Law of Attraction and bad attitude. I have had a negative attitude all week. It seemed like daggers from all directions were coming at me, including from people I would never have guessed. I took offense at things that maybe weren’t written to be offensive, things were said, that I took personally, that I’m sure were just general out loud thoughts, and I second guessed myself and lost confidence in my teaching, and work and in myself in general. All these things added up to create one, surly girl with a bad attitude. I became moody and defensive. All of this was internal and I wore my happy face throughout the week. Today I woke up, was tired and in no mood to do services I had scheduled including 2 pedicures. Pedicures are hard work, and I just couldn’t face doing them today. So, I took off my happy face, and I wrote on Facebook that I wasn’t feeling well and wished I didn’t have to do these pedicures today. There it was, sent out to the universe out loud.
I had to get to the spa early because I had to do some light cleaning. My appointment ran late last night, so I didn’t clean up so I could get home. This also made me upset because not only did I have to go, but I had to go early. I got set up for my appointment and was complaining to our massage therapist how I just didn’t want to be there today. The massage therapist started in a good mood, but pretty soon I rubbed off on her and she said she had too much to do today than to have to work. Well, 9:00 am came and left. Two no-show appointments at the same time. Hers and mine. I called the massage appointment, who apologized and said they couldn’t come. I was happy she wasn‘t coming. Well, she called twenty minutes later, and said she was still coming. I tried to talk her out of coming. I think I treated her kind of harsh. I was mad because she had an appointment in the first place, then I was mad because she no-showed, then mad again because she was still coming. There was no pleasing me. When she didn't show up within the time I figured it would take to get there, I was relieved. She did finally show up. Fifty minutes late. But she made it in time for her two other services, I did get out of the pedi. As I was giving her a facial, I realized how much I needed this client in my life at this time.
Moving on with my day, guess what happened with my next appointment? That’s right, a no-show. Mad, but fine at the same time. Since I had an hour and a half until my last appointment came in I picked up a book that had just come in the mail. There was a lot about being a kind person, taking care of yourself, living a simple life and doing good in the world. I could actually feel my bad attitude melting away and be a nicer person today. That's when there was a shift in the rest of my day.
My last appointment not only came, but she was early! She was the most lovely person. She was a person that has dealt with severe pain since she was 8 years old. She kept saying how grateful she was to be there and how she really needed to be at our spa for some intense healing. It’s a great thing to be a part of a wellness center and to be there for people in their time of need, that was the whole point of owning a wellness center. It felt really good and it finished turning my bad day into a thoughtful and peaceful day.
So that was my day, and that was my lesson. I hope I learned it well enough that I wont have to learn it again, at least not the negative stuff. I am ready to accept money and slimness, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment